Episode #18 - Mastering the Cashflow Quadrant, Getting a Loan for Your First Property, and Why It's Good to Eat Crow...with Tom and Tim Black
7 Rules For Real Estate Investing – Episode #18
Who’s Tom Black?
- Co-founder and managing partner of Napali Capital – a multifamily REI firm
- Author of The Passive Income Physician: Surviving a Career Crisis by Expanding Net Worth (book)
- Board-certified emergency medicine physician
- Experienced with both single-family and multifamily investment properties
- 13-year veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Continues to practice emergency medicine and serves as a Regional Medical Director for eight Baylor Scott and White Emergency Hospitals
- Member of Forbes Real Estate Council
- Real estate contributor to Forbes
- University of North Texas Board of Advancement member
Who’s Tim Black?
- Tom’s brother
- Co-founder and Managing Partner of Napali Capital
- Has 30 years of upper level management experience including expertise in operations, strategic planning, marketing, sales, revenue management, and real estate development
- Formerly served as Chief Operating Officer of Great Wolf Resorts, owner and operator of 17 North American resorts
- Also served in leadership roles for Six Flags Theme Parks – with those roles including Park President for 3 parks
- On the boards of numerous organizations including Big Brothers/Big Sisters, American Red Cross, and Village of Waunakee, Wisconsin, Planning Commission
What were those books I heard Tom and Tim mention?
- Tools of the Titans by Tim Ferris
- Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- The ABCs of Property Management by Ken McElroy
- The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing: How to Identify the Hottest Markets and Secure the Best Deals by Ken McElroy
- Tax-Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright
And the links to learn more?
Yes – Get a short recording of JUST the 7 Rules Tom and Tim share in this episode. That means you can listen to ONLY the rules, without any of the other conversation – whenever you need guidance or inspiration.